Challenges and aims
The goal of Cap Digital Paris Region is to establish the Region as a leader in the digital industries, most importantly by developing the global influence of the Region's businesses and universities. The cluster aims to boost the digital content sector by enhancing the creativity and competitiveness of the companies it includes, in particular SMEs, which account for 80% of Cap Digital's members.
Cap Digital is the interface between digital technologies and the six strategic sectors firmly rooted in Paris Region:
- knowledge engineering,
- digital heritage,
- images, sound and interactivity,
- video games,
- digital education,
- services and practices
- ICT (Collaborative Technoogy & Intelligence)
This cluster, which currently has 400 members (80% of them VSEs and SMEs), has defined four priority aims:
- Research & Development: out of more than 200 proposals received, Cap Digital has officially designated 100 projects to date. A total of €275 million in private funding and public subsidies is invested in research and innovation related to these projects.
- Management and networking: By providing businesses in the cluster with a structure, support and a real sense of community, Cap Digital encourages the sharing of know-how and cross-fertilisation between the cluster's six activity sectors.
- Company development: The cluster works with public- and private-sector funders to find the appropriate finance for its designated projects. With the help of manufacturers and researchers, it identifies the most buoyant markets and the major technological challenges of the future.
- International deployment: Cap Digital acts as an interface between companies based in Paris Region and the major European and global economic centres, with a view to setting up international projects. It helps the Region's manufacturers and research teams to become world leaders in their field.