"SCOR, the world’s fifth largest reinsurer, has had its headquarters in Paris Region since the group was founded in 1970. It is one of the French capital’s most globalised groups, with a presence in more than 135 countries and with subsidiaries, branches and offices in around 50 countries.
It is also the first French listed company to have adopted the European Company Statute (Societas Europeae). The group, which generates 93% of its revenues outside France, makes a substantial contribution to Paris Region's dynamism and international standing:
- through the business it attracts to Paris Region: SCOR's presence makes Paris one of the leading international centres for underwriting in insurance and reinsurance;
- by driving innovation: SCOR gives Paris as a financial centre the benefit of significant innovations in terms of risk cover - especially relating to climatic and extreme risks;
- by creating high-level employment: SCOR is organised in six platforms or hubs, with Paris as its lead centre, and employs 530 highly-qualified staff, of all nationalities, in its offices at La Défense - representing 30% of the group's global workforce;
- through the asset management business it generates: SCOR manages more than a third of the assets covering its global commitments from Paris.
SCOR is a dynamic, fast-expanding group and its Dynamic Lift strategic plan is based on achieving annual revenue growth of 6.5% over the period 2007-2010. Maintaining this growth momentum will mean recruiting both local and international talents in Paris Region - people who will need to operate within a network that spans the world - and will constitute a significant asset for the development of Paris Region and its positioning within Europe.
- Source :
- Financial Industry: Insurance, a growing market sector - PREDA - 08/2008
- Dates :
- Published on August 26, 2008
update August 28, 2008
Send this page