Direct access to content
The October 21, 2009
On 15 October 2009, Paris Region Economic Development Agency launched the German language version of its website www.paris-region.com.
The site offers key information for German businesses looking to set up in Paris Region, including:
PREDA services, all the economic and geographical advantages Paris Region has to offer an international business, key contacts, all the latest Paris Region news, success stories and testimonials from foreign businesses.
PREDA works very much at local level, and this new website will be a valuable promotional tool to support the work of the sales teams in Germany, particularly at international events. In early 2008, PREDA launched its new website in French, followed by an English and a Chinese version.
Key figures about Germany
- France's biggest trading partner, with exports to Germany worth €74.7 billion in 2007 (Source: Insee).
- Paris Region's biggest supplier (€11,225 million, i.e. 15.4% of all imports) and 3rd biggest customer (€5,135 million, i.e 8.5% of all exports) in 2007.
- 19,000 Germans are living in Paris Region
- 4,200 German executive-level professionals are working in Paris Region
- 2,022 German students studying at Paris Region universities
- More than 900 German businesses have offices in Paris Region
- More than 120 German companies have located to Paris Region since 2004, creating 4,000 jobs
update April 19, 2012